Our vehicles are made up of many moving and stationary parts that help them run smoothly. Many of these of these parts need to be replaced every couple thousand of miles or at least once a year. However, there are some parts, like your brakes, that don’t necessarily follow a timeline for repair/replacement. If you think it’s time for your brakes to be replaced, come schedule an appointment at Stop 23 Auto Sales right here in Listowel, ON. Otherwise, keep reading to learn the signs that you need new brakes.
When should I get my brakes repaired or replaced?
- Squeaking or squealing noise. If you constantly hear a squeaking or squealing noise from your brakes, this is a sign that you should have your brakes checked out by a technician. While it is normal for your brakes to squeak in wet weather conditions, listen to see if they squeak during normal weather conditions.
- Indicator light comes on. Some models come with an indicator that will turn on when it senses that the brake pads have worn down. If you model has this feature, it can help take the guesswork out of knowing when to get new brakes.
- Deep metal grinding noise. When you hear this noise from your brakes, it means that your brake pads have worn down to the metal ridges at the bottom of the pad. If you hear this sound, bring your vehicle to a shop as soon as possible.
- Vibration in brake pedal. If you feel the brake pedal vibrating when you press down on it, this is another sign that your brake pads have gotten dangerously low. Take your car to a shop to get your brakes replaced immediately.
- Thickness of pads is less than ¼ inch thick. Sometimes just looking at your brakes will tell you if you need new ones. If it looks like they are less than ¼ inch, it’s time to get them replaced.
[ Read more: How Do I Know When to Replace a Tire? ]
Schedule service appointment at Stop 23 Auto Sales
If you have noticed any of these signs, be sure to schedule a service appointment at Stop 23 Auto Sales. Still aren’t sure if you need new brakes? Give us a call and our service center team will gladly help you out!